Tuesday, December 18, 2012

a better me: day 1

     So today didn't necessarily go the way I planned, but I'm still very happy that I didn't stray too far away from the original plan. Because I went to a Christmas party, I didn't necessarily stick to my original meals for the day but I knew that was going to happen so I didn't go crazy earlier in the day. For breakfast I had a cilantro lime agua fresca, and 1/2 cup of soup. The rest of the day consisted of a green smoothie, 1/4 cup pine nut/Craisin trail mix, 2 Peppermint Joe-Joes, 1 kiwi, quinoa dip with tortilla chips, and asian chicken salad. I must confess: I'm guilty of eating like 2 cookies. I just couldn't help myself being that I was at a Christmas party! It's the holidays!
     As far as working out goes, I did it and I'm so proud of myself. My workout happened at about 1 am, but at least it happened. I did 60 jumping jacks, 25 crunches, and 20 minutes of Pilates (Episode 1.) I don't plan on moving on to the next Pilates video until I feel I have perfected the routine in the first. I also went shopping, played Just Dance, and was running around a lot so that should count for something. 1 also did 3 bottles of water! It's not eight, but it's getting there. Overall, the day was quite succesful and I was able to adapt to what came my way. I usually tend to just skip out on my plans when things don't go as planned, but I'm glad I stuck to it. Hopefully this motivation sticks! (Positive thoughts.)

Day 2 Plan
Breakfast: same as today
Snacks: same choices
Lunch: same as today; didn't get to have today
Dinner: Beef Pattie with vegetables

Workout
5 minute stretching
35 JJs, 15 crunches
Tone It Up: Beach Ball Workout (2 times)

Day 3 Workout
5 minute stretching
40 JJs, 20 crunches
15 minute jog
Long & Lean Legs (2 times)

*I will do an update after Day 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment