Thursday, December 20, 2012

my personal sanctuary: before

See what I meant by uber girly? Yeah, it's kind of annoying. For as long as I've known, my rooms have all looked similar this - antiques, roses, white, pinks, etc. The curtains have actually made a comeback from my days as an 8 year old little girl. My room has definitely not felt like it's "my room," and I rarely spend time in it.  Your space should reflect who you are, and this is just not cutting it for me. However, I did what I could with a rented home so I would say it's decent, just not for a 20 year old. On a side note, how hilarious is my bear? I refuse to let that sucker go - no matter what.
I plan on keeping a lot of the main elements like the bed and chandelier. There is also a beautiful antique vanity and a mirrored nightstand that will be in the redesign. The vanity is off white but it will be painted a bolder, brighter color. As far as the linens and textiles, they won't be wasted and will most  likely be incorporated into the new design. The walls can't e painted but I'll probably add a sick art gallery or a large chalkboard with an antique frame. I'm also stringing some rope lights I just bought into a word. The struggle is making this space my personal sanctuary, but knowing that it's a rental and that I'll be moving in less than 6 months. Anyways, I'll make sure to post pics as it all comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment