Friday, December 14, 2012

blogworthy music

Here's some of the stuff I've had on repeat on my iPod. There's some old and new songs, but all equally great songs. Feel free to share what you're loving too.


"Twice" by Little Dragon: Little Dragon is one of my favorite artists. They have an awesome way of fusing R&B and Soul with out-of-this-world synths. I truly consider their music to be sex for the ears, and "Twice" falls nothing short of that. This is an older song off of their self-titled album.

"Otherside" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis: I totally have a thing for "White Boy Rappers" like Macklemore, Eminem and G-Eazy, and I'm not ashamed. Regardless of how much they make me swoon, their music is amazing. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis do a great job of mixing Alternative tracks with rap to evoke a crazy flood of emotions for the listener. You seriously feel the pain behind the lyrics, and then that feeling makes you wish you were a rapper, and then you realize you can rhyme but that doesn't make you a rapper. Yeah, that happened...more than once. Anyways, this song is from one of their older EPs, VS-Redux. The duo uses one of my favorite songs "Otherside" by the killer Red Hot Chili Peppers as the backdrop for the song. It's straight-up dope, just like all of their work.

"Scar Tissue" by Red Hot Chili Peppers: Since we're on the subject already, let me make it known that RHCP is just on another level.


"Heartbeat" by Kopecky Family Band: This song is just one of those feel-good lovey-dovey songs that just brighten up your day and eases all the tension in your world. It's like having an imaginary boyfriend.

"Smother" by Daughter: It's sincerely one of the most beautiful songs I've heard.

"Wild Child" by Juliet Simms: This song just came out this week, but I was able to get my hands on it a while back! It's by one of my favorite The Voice contestants, Juliet Simms. She was known for her gritty rock vocals and singing all our fave classic rock tunes. She always nailed it, and looks like she's continuing to do so with her own music. What I love about this song is that it still holds true to her classic rock-esque vocals but has a lot of modern beats.

"Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac: Anything Stevie Nicks does, I worship. Nuff said.

"Humanimal" by Fire In The Hamptons: If you love Neon Trees, you'll love FITH. The one difference is that FITH isn't overplayed on the radio, which is definitely a good thing.

"I Know What I Am" by Band of Skulls: This band is just so bad ass and listening to them makes you feel like one. Their palette is similar to that of The White Stripes. An just like The White Stripes, this song will have you bobbing your head and stomping your feet nonstop.

"5 Years Time" by Noah & The Whale: I'm a sucker for lighthearted songs. What can I say?

"When I Grow Up" by First Aid Kit: Another beautiful song to add to the list. Their American-Folk sound is so nostalgic and takes you to the Summer of '69. Their music makes me want to leave everything behind and live in an old VW Kombi van.

"Lay It Down Slow" by Spiritualized: And yet again another beautiful song. You might recognize it from the series finale of Prison Break.

"Closer" by Tegan & Sara: The anticipation is killing me for the Quin twins' new album, Hearthrob. In the meantime, Closer will satisfy that craving. It's super catchy, just like any typical Tegan & Sara song. PS These twins are even better live!

"Thirteen Thirtyfive" by Dillon: This song has a super soulful beat that echoes across a room. Dillon's voice is so pleasant, and is very much like Lykke Li's just a little grittier.

"Christmas In the Room" by Sufjan Stevens: Because it's the holidays...It's well worth listening to since it's not just another annoying Christmas song.

"Velvet Crowbar" by Lana Del Rey: Last but not least...There's no denying I'm a huge LDR fan. I've loved her since her days as Lizzy Grant. She's such a bad ass - the modern day Nancy Sinatra for today's youth. Once again, Lana doesn't cease to impress. This song is like crack.

The list goes on and on, but I tend to go overboard when I don't give myself limits. Share your current playlists in the comments!





No comments:

Post a Comment